11/17/09

Snowflakes, already?

Yes, we did have snow yesterday! It was 74 degrees 3 days ago and now....rain and snow. Kansas. If you don't like the weather....wait 5 minutes.

So in honor of our snowflakes, I had to make a card.

I embossed a piece of Ivory CS with the Snowflake Cuttlebug Folder. I used Tim Holtz's Tea Dye Distress Ink and sponged over the debossed side of the paper, matted that piece with brown cardstock and, with foam tape, attached it to the red card base.

I tried to take a couple pictures here to show the sparkle down inside of the snowflakes. I used my Gelly Roll pen and colored each snowflake. In person, it looks very pretty and vintagey!

Ok, thanks for stopping today! Hope your Tuesday is a good one!


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Laurie! Simple and elegant... me likey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, I have that folder too and love what you did with tea dye. My daughter is in CO and had 16" of snow in Oct. I will even get snow here in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple elegance! Not any snow to speak of in south Texas but I think I'm going to give this card a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. clean and simple - love it! Mother nature sure has been fickle with her weather this year! Hope the snow is gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple elegance! And I like the colors, too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS