3/16/13

Groovy...

This week has totally flown by!  We are counting down the days till Spring Break!  Do you have anything fun planned?  Not sure what we are going to do here yet, but I am thinking up some fun things to keep the kiddos busy!  

Retro Sketches has a new sketch today.  It is based off of one of my older cards that you can see HERE.  Here is my take on this card sketch...

IMG_9455

My friend Jen recently designed this AMAZING embossing plate so I had to pull that out and use it for the first time!  I ran it through with some patterned paper and used the plain side.  I took some sanding paper and sanded a little so the white core would show through.  I layered it up with some matching patterned paper and then a fun sentiment from Surely Goodness, a new set from Verve!

Here is this week's sketch...


Stop over to the Retro Sketch blog to see what the girls created for today.  I hope you get to play along too!  Thanks for stopping in!



20 comments:

  1. Ohhh, love the texture and colors! So pretty Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groovy baby, yeah!! Love the colours here Laurie, and so clever to trim the bottom of your impressed panel to make the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the colors are fabulous and the texture from the embossing plate is incredible! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the song "Wild Thing"! But then you are far too young to know about that song:)!! Love your card and that embossing plate is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous, Laurie! I love that embossing plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now wait just a second here, Laurie! You use a fab embossing folder and then don't enable us by giving us add'tl deets?! Who manufactured this embossing folder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie I am in love with that pattern paper as your main panel!!! What pack is that from! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow--Laurie. I love your new card, and your original, too. I'll bet you are looking forward to spring break--me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Laurie, the Lil' Inker embossing plate is on my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pretty PRETTY Laurie! Love the colors and yes that embossing in amazing! Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are Lil Inkers embossing folders or metal plates?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That embossing plate is gorgeous! In fact, your whole card is gorgeous (or should that be groovy?!) ;D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how that embossed piece looks after sanding. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really cool amazing die! Love your paper choice and adorable red bow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore how you used that die! The papers & colors are so pretty! Add this to my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS