3/09/13

Retro Sketches...

Happy Saturday!  I am a little late with my card today!  Last night I was out till late.  Late for me is 10pm.  I'm feeling old because I didn't get home till 12:15 ish.  And I'm tired.  BUT so worth it.  We went to Jose Peppers and then to see Identity Theft.  Hilarious!!!  So on this very rainy morning, I am cleaning my craft room and relaxing.  I whipped up this card for Retro Sketches...

IMG_9426

I got this gorgeous woodgrain paper from my sweet from JJ!  (Thanks again girl!)  I turned the paper over for the sentiment portion.  There is a tiny bit of texture, but this way the it actually matched the rest of the card.  I added in some wood chevron and a Hero Arts/Studio Calico sentiment.  There's also a little Envelope Pattern on kraft peaking out.  :)  Love that stamp!

Here is this week's sketch....


I hope you get a chance to play along this week!  Stop over to the Retro Sketches blog to see what the other girls have made up for us!  :)

Thanks for coming by today!  Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Laurie - girl I just LURVE your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Laurie! Great textures! Actually...great everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun texture with the wood grain paper and the wooden elements! Nifty nifty card Laurie! Thanks for your visit today, it warms my heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much fabulous white and still so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I LOVE that paper! The tiny peek of kraft is perfect too, gorgeous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Laurie!! Every single detail is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! LOVE the woodgrain cardstock, the wood veneer arrows, the fab sentiment...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at woodgrain! Love this card Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card Laurie is seriously gorgeous girl, definitely has the WOW!! factor..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That paper is fabulous and now I'm going to ask that the inevitable question...
    where'd she get it?
    OK...two questions...
    does it come in colors? :)
    Fabulous card...
    love those wooden chevrons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie....You know I love every single thing about this starting with the woodgrain (remember when we were obsessed with getting some?), and then you throw in the wood arrows......=love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I really love this card! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE! I just love it! The wooden shapes look soo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS