1/12/16

Butterfly Inspirations...

Hey there, crafty friends!  Welcome to the first group post of the January Papertrey Ink Release.  Today is all about butterflies!  This makes me so happy because it has spring written all over it.  I don't know about where you live, but this gray, cloudy, cold stuff is no fun.  I brought in some fun colors just to add some spring in!

For this first card, I used the new Cover Plate: Butterfly.

IMG_2599

I used some distress ink on the card base, along with some drops of water and then added the cover plate on the top in white.  I heat embossed a sentiment from the new set called Bitty Butterflies on a black banner die.  

IMG_2600

This next card uses the new set called Enclosed: Butterfly.  I blended in some Aqua Mist on the card base and added in some score lines and a sentiment, from Bitty Butterfly,  at the bottom.  

IMG_2594

I layered a vellum butterfly behind the white butterfly, after ombre stamping in the Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz and Hibiscus Burst.  I attached the butterfly to the card with Tombow Mono Liquid glue.  

IMG_2596

There is lots more to see for today so stop over to Nichole's blog to check out the details!  Thanks so much for stopping in today!


Supply List:


33 comments:

  1. Love the blending of colors, beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laurie! Only real butterflies should be this beautiful! Both cards are truly beautiful, but the second one takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "brave" card is just stunning, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love the bright colors of the cover plate card! You're right, being from MN, I hugely support bright, spring colors and images -particularly this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautiful but that top one... Holy cow! 😍❤️😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards and the butterflies. So soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the aqua mist blended behind your diecut - great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Just adore the first one, such happy blended color, and a bold pop with the black sentiment piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I that distress ink background against the white butterflies is soo striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are stunning, Laurie, but that second one knocked me off my chair with its gorgeous simplicity and colouring. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laurie, you definitely sold me on the Butterfly Coverplate. Your choice of colors with this amazing die is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laurie, you definitely sold me on the Butterfly Coverplate. Your choice of colors with this amazing die is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Laurie! Your blended background on the first card is so pretty, but I do love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Laurie your cards are so gorgeous and your blending is flawless!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect blending and stunning cards, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Laurie,

    Beautiful cards!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both these are stunning! I love the butterfly coverplate, it's on my wish list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blending of colors, and the crispness of the white! Beautiful cards, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't remember the last time I was speechless at the beauty of cards! These are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful sentiments and beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Both are awesome but that first just resonates beauty to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful cards...can see spring coming. Awesome sentiments as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are stunning! I love the addition of the soft vellum butterfly beneath, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh! That ombre stamped butterfly is totally beautiful, baffling and amazing! It's so gorgeous! How did you ombre stamp that wonderful butterfly? Oh, just gazing in wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope your hand is doing better. My hand hurt just reading about it. Your cards are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely loved your cards! I admired the distress ink one soo much that it inspired me to buy the butterfly cover plate. I hope you don't mind but I had too much fun mimicking your card design. If you are interested you can see the finished cards on my blog

    http://shelly-shellysart.blogspot.com/2016/01/colour-q-challenge-326.html.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS